What causes Numbness in your face and hearing loss on one side of your face?
Last Wed. I went to the ER with a mild headache, but the left side of my face is numb, including the left side of my tounge and tastebuds. My face feels like it's been injected with lidicane and I can't hear out of my left ear! A very aggrivating feeling. They sent me to a neurologist which says the MRI results shows signs of MS, but that wouldn't have anything to do with what I'm experiencing right now (facial numbness etc/loss of hearing in my left ear..etc.) He says it is a migraine headache... My head doesn't hurt now, but all of my other symptoms are still there (numbness,  hearing loss, dizzy, tongue on lft side numb)... Should I be concerned as this is going on the 5th day... I'm about a nervous wreck worrying about all this which I know isn't helping matters none!!  The neurologist gave me a steriod pack and phenegran for the nausia, then he gave me valum like I'm crazy or something... Please advise me what I should do.
I had something called bells palsey and I have no idea how to spell it, a few years ago. I couldn't blin in my right eye and I had to tape it shut at night. it lasted for two months. my mouth was wooky on one side, i lost my sense of taste and smell... i just woke up that way. my face was sort of puffy too. like i said, it lasted for two months but it improved a little each week. i'm really sorry your going through this, i know it's creepy. i have a cavernous angioma as well but i never found out if the two were connected. i hope you can figure it out and i hope you don't have MS.

feel free to reply if you have any questions!
Sarah
this may help. of course i had to spell it wrong!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bells_palsy