What causes genetic (male) hand tremors?
My husband has noticed that he is developing tremors in both his hands. This is not a surprise, since his grandfather, his father, and his uncle all have the tremors. Nothing has ever been diagnosed. All of them a stubborn when it comes to doctors and I'm concerned that my husband will end up like his grandfather, unable to write. I know of a few diseases/disorders that cause tremors, but non that follow are linked to a male genetic trait. Any ideas?
Hello  Andi_L

The following information would be of great help to you. About 50% of patients with essential tremors have a positive family history although this number is debatable. Familial essential tremors appears to be inherited in an autosomal dominant fashion with those who’ve inherited the gene exhibiting symptoms by age 65. The FET1 gene on chromosome 3q13.1 and the ETM2 gene on chromosome 2p22-p25 have been implicated. Chromosome 4p may also be involved.

Refer: http://www.geneticsandhealth.com/2006/08/20/genetics-of-essential-tremor/
Best.