Neurology Community
What could my diagnosis be? - Front thigh/groin pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What could my diagnosis be? - Front thigh/groin pain

After being an avid active young person in my 20's, I ran, did spin classes, jumped rope, but never really warmed up or streched properly.  Back in 2005 out of the blue I got a horrible pain in my front thigh.  Almost can't explain, front thigh/outer thigh/groin area.  Lots of weakness due to any moving I would get excruciating pain.  Doctor's told me to ice it.  It helped some and could finally walk but with a limp due to the continous pain and also restriction of not being able to bring my right thing inward or outward without pain/restriction.  Long story short, currently after many xrays, mri's, cat scans, flouroscopys, emg's, chiro's, pt, a cyst in my proximal femur was found.  Had to be taken out because it was at the head of the bone and my hip was in jeopardy of breaking.  We thought we had found the pain culprit but after 3 days in hospital and 6 weeks home, pain was still there.  Doctors threw their hands up in the air.  reasearched on my own and it's brought me to neurology.  Just recently saw a doctor and says I have "femoral nerve palsy".  Doesn't sound right to me and what I essentially want is to get Kaiser to refer me out of network for a Neurography.  Invented by L.A. Neurosurgeon Aaron G. Filler, it specifically tests for any and all nerve issues.  Recent doctors don't realize the importance of this test and how it can finally tell them and me what is wrong and how to fix it.  Help!