Neurology Community
What does Limbus Vertebrae at L3 and L4 mean?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What does Limbus Vertebrae at L3 and L4 mean?

I just received a copy of my films and MRI report and am waiting for my physician to call.  I have had 3 previous cervical spine surgeries - ACDF at C5-6 and C6-7, 1st with bone from my own hip, 2nd with synthetic bone dowel.  New MRI says I have residual left paracentral disc bulge at C6-7 (how is this possible?)  Also says I have Unciate hypertrophy, cervical spondylosis (these were not present on my MRI in Feb. 2007 C6-7 fusion was on 2/21/07).  My lumbar MRI says I also have lumbar spondylsosis as well as endplate spur formation and Limbus Vertebrae at L3 and L4 - any help deciphering?  I'm trying to find out if I should consider a new neurosurgeon - I've went back to my regular physician to obtain this new MRI because my neck and arm pain symptoms returned about 1 month post op and my neuro simply said it takes time and dismissed me - no physical therapy - no more pain meds - no follow-up appts. nothing - that doesn't seem right to me.  In addition, I developed extreme low back pain that radiates down the left leg with sporadic leg twitching and my foot falls asleep regularily.  Any help with this MRI report in words I can understand would be most helpful.