Aa
A
A
Close
What does Limbus Vertebrae at L3 and L4 mean?
I just received a copy of my films and MRI report and am waiting for my physician to call.  I have had 3 previous cervical spine surgeries - ACDF at C5-6 and C6-7, 1st with bone from my own hip, 2nd with synthetic bone dowel.  New MRI says I have residual left paracentral disc bulge at C6-7 (how is this possible?)  Also says I have Unciate hypertrophy, cervical spondylosis (these were not present on my MRI in Feb. 2007 C6-7 fusion was on 2/21/07).  My lumbar MRI says I also have lumbar spondylsosis as well as endplate spur formation and Limbus Vertebrae at L3 and L4 - any help deciphering?  I'm trying to find out if I should consider a new neurosurgeon - I've went back to my regular physician to obtain this new MRI because my neck and arm pain symptoms returned about 1 month post op and my neuro simply said it takes time and dismissed me - no physical therapy - no more pain meds - no follow-up appts. nothing - that doesn't seem right to me.  In addition, I developed extreme low back pain that radiates down the left leg with sporadic leg twitching and my foot falls asleep regularily.  Any help with this MRI report in words I can understand would be most helpful.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Limbus vertebrae result from an intrabody herniation of disc material. It can be mistaken for a fracture, infection or tumor, resulting in unnecessary invasive diagnostic procedures.
I did a google search, there is more info, just search "limbus vertebrae" on google or any search engine.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
i went to the er and he said my L 3 and L 4 are almost touching what does this mean
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I went to the doctor and she said I have a couple vertabrae out and to come back and she will manipulate me. what does this mean? and will p.t. help if i have the electrical shock therapy?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Is there anything that can be done for a limbus vertibrea? like surgery?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources