Neurology Community
What does my MRI say?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

What does my MRI say?

I think I posted this in the wrong place, so I'mm trying it again.

I just had MRIcspine done due to tingling, weakness and heavy feelings in arms/hands. I had a head injury 6 months ago and then took a pretty hard fall  2 months later. Could any of this be caused or aggrevated by those? The docs say it is degenerative, but I didn't have any symptoms until the injuries. The MRI shows the following:

Scoliosis is present. Abnormal translation is not observed. C1-C2
alignment appears within normal limits.

Degenerative changes involve C1-C2 anteriorly. There is signal loss
within the disc spaces throughout the cervical spine. Disc space
narrowing is present. Disk space narrowing is greater at C5-C6.

Dominant lateralizing abnormality is not observed C2-C3, C3-C4 or
C4-C5.

There is central bulge or small protrusion at C5-C6. A dominant
abnormality extending into the foramen is not seen.

There is a small focal protrusion lateralizing slightly to the right
of the midline at C6-C7. Again, foraminal encroachment is not
observed. Focal abnormality is not observed C7-T1.

Cord and canal are normal in size. There is no mass effect upon the
cord or abnormal signal seen within the cord. Hemangioma of bone is
noted within T1. Cerebellar tonsils are within the posterior fossa.
Signal voids are seen segmentally in the cervical vertebral arteries

Did they do the Mri with contrast fluid? If not , then they could not come to this conclusion. The scans are good but somethings they do not detect. It is even better to have a exray that whilst they inject the fluid.

If they do not or will not do this. Go seek a Osteopath, They will tell you what can be done. An Osteopath is far gentler than a Chiropractor. Make sure he is a qualified doctor.
I had my back done and all I can say is Chapeau . Then is you can find shoes , that are advertised on one of the telemarketing sender, they have rounded soles. They will absorb the shock when you walk.
You most definately have had a neck injury when you fell. If so he will adjust that if it is possible. They do not take this lightly!
My hubby had a motorcycle accident years ago, when a car hit him he was travelling at 80 km p/h and wound up kissing the tarmack.
He had gone to the doctors here and they said , all was well.
Indeed it was not, he went to a Osteopath and after being treated for 14 times he could finally walk and sit again. It however did not cure the headaches. He also had trouble lifting his arms up and still to this day struggles putting his jacket on.
So my advice would be to see another neurologist in a different area, or find a Homeopath.

God Bless
Threewheelmobile
Hi and thank you for your response. No, the MRI was without contrast. I am not seeing a chiroprator, I am seeing a Sports med doc due to a work related head injury 6 months ago. I was put  on meds that made me lightheadedand caused me to fall at home. After that is when most of the symptoms such as tingling, weakness/heavy feeling in aarms/hands and a buring type sensation in back of thighs.

They say it's all degenerative, which is fine..but why did I only start feeling it after the injuries?
I am also worried becuase of the inflamation (inflammation) found in my bloodwork after the injuries. I have never had inflamation (inflammation) show up before.