What does this mean - Prominent CSF & Arachnoid cyst?
Brief history, symptoms began about 2 weeks after a fall on the ice back in Jan. 09. Since then numerous DRs and tests later still no answers. Symptoms are increasing in severity and number rapidly this last month or so. Still no answers. Finally two weeks ago my wife requested a brain MRI. The Dr. did not explain the radiology report at all just said I should get a second opinion.  My MD read the report and ... well has a much more urgent attitude about the MRIs results. Can someone explain this to me? Or help me understand the urgency or lack thereof?                                ===== Radiology Report - Impression 1. Prominent CSF Density in the posterior fossa, which may represent an arachnoid cyst. There is some associated mass effect on the cerebellar hemispheres. Cerebellar tonsils are borderline low lying in position, approaching the level of the foramen magnum.     ===== end    Any Help understanding would be appreciated.
HI...low lying tonsilscould very well mean u have chiari malformation.It is also possible that  u have an arachnoid cyst as well.

It sounds like ur CSF fluid could be blocked as well or not flowing normally for it to be dense.

We have a chiari forum here on MedHelp and I invite you to post this info and see what the members can offer.

I would suggest u look into this possibility and see that u get a NS that is a chiari specialist.

I hope u choose to join us on the chiari forum.

CL- Chiari