What is Left S1 radiculopathy and how bad [or good] is my condition?
My basic complain was uncomfortable sensation throughout the day & movement of the left lower & upper arms, specially at night. Earlier I was diagonised as having RLS and I am on Pramipaxole 1 mg for the last one year. During a recent visit to a new neurologist, I have been diagonised {after an MRI of LS spine} as having Left S1 Radiculopathy where the MRI report mentions "Degenerative changes of the lumbar spine with mild to moderate buldges in the L3-L4 through L5-S1 disc with thecal sac impingement. Bilateral facet anthropathies at L5-S1". What is this new founding of Radiculopathy and how bad is it? The neurologist told me that the condition [where my spine is "slightly compressed" by bones at a particular position] may be the basic reason for sensation/movement of legs and hands. I have been advised to continue with Pramipaxole but added some physical exercises of the spine. Any comments/suggestions?
I had my right foot run over by a resident driving one of those motorized scooters in December 08.  My foot suffered bad contusions. The bottom of foot was bruised for many weeks.  Top showed the tread marks from the tires for about the same length of time.  Foot doctor was seen first and when I began complaining of sciatica pain he sent me to physical therapy. The first 3-4 weeks after the incident I worked full time.  Walking and being on my feet 6-7 hours during 8 hour shift.  Walked 3-6 miles each shift. I was in a post-op boot for the 1st 3 weeks.  Suddenly I was having terrible burning on the bottom of my feet. Numbness at times.  Shooting pain starting in the feet going up my right calf, thigh, buttocks and into my lower back.  Could this all be from the incident in December?  All the doctors won't give me a clear answer.  I've been off work now for 6 weeks without pay because Workman's Comp. isn't getting told it was from this incident.  
I'd love to hear some feedback.  
Hi, your latest symptoms of burning shooting upwards and into back reminds me of what my hubby suffers from.  He fell of a ladder and landed on both feet.  Burst fracture of the L1 vertebrae with a small "ding" in his spinal cord.  Over 2 years now, doing well but still having some lower back, buttock, outer calf and foot burning/numbness on both sides.  He's currently back on Gabapentin (was able to tolerate the pain "fairly" well but Dr. gave him poop for being a martyr without meds).  My suggestion is to ask for an MRI.  I'm sure nothing significant like what my hubby has because his pain is from the spinal cord and radiating downwards then upwards.  Your injury is on the top of the foot.  You know, come to think of it, I recall a few years ago opening up the freezer drawer of my bottom freezer refrigerator, the drawer had slightly "jammed" over the top of my right foot and I felt an immediate burning back pain that dropped me to my knees.  There was no other pain in my leg or foot.  My back hurt for about 2 days and then it cleared.  I am very very careful going into the freezer drawer now.  The interesting thing for me is that the pain on my foot was almost insignificant as compared to the back pain.  The drawer must have hit the "perfect" nerve or something.  Have you had nerve tests to check for nerve damage?