Neurology Expert Forum
What is a parenchymal cyst, and should I be concerned.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What is a parenchymal cyst, and should I be concerned.

If one of the docs could explain what benign parenchymal cysts are for me, I would appreciate it.  I was diagnosed w/ a possible arachnoid cyst, and then prominent perivascular spaces  in the anterior perforated septum billaterally.   The latest stating that the two spots that were the parenchymal cysts were noted as unchanged. I've had 3 MRI's in the past year and a half.  All 3 are here in order and talk about the same area.

1. Possible Arachnoid cysts. 6/04
2. Prominent Perivascular spaces 10/04
3. Below. 8/05

Here is the whole report.

Again noted are benign parenchymal cysts or focally dilated perivascular spaces in the anterior perforated septum billaterally, unchanged. Then ventricular systm is normal size. No masses, extrevenous flow voids.   Impression: Benign Peren. cysts in the anterior perforated septum bilaterally, greater on the left, unchanged since 10/25/04.  

This sizes were 12mm & 6mm.         I know you have to see the charts for a diagnosis, but I just want to know what this is telling me, and should I be concerned.  I don't know what a parenchymal cyst is.   Me neuro doc said he wants to follow up in two years, but we agreed on another MRI in 12 months.      Thanks for the help.

JH