What is an "arachnoid diverticulum"? Should I be concerned
I have just received a report of MRI on my cervical spine, first one ever.

Had C-Spine xray year and a half ago, showed some degeneration. So for me this has been an ongoing thing.
Just want some relief so I can have my life back.

Wondering what this report has revealed. I have parasthesia in left arm, neck and arm pain when sitting or driving, can't drive a car without excruciating pain, can't sleep. Have been off work for 4 months, a healthcare professional, have done a lot of heavy lifting.
Went to er recently with chest pains, and facial numbness, can this be related to MRI findings?
Have my first appointment with Neurologist in two weeks for a nerve conduction test and consultation. My NP is not too concerned about the MRI's results, but I cannot tolerate much more pain. It has taken over my life, I am very sad, and tired. Just wiped out.

MRI Findings-
Normal caliber cord is unremarkable. There is mild degenerative change at c6-c7 with reduced disc height and spurs. Right assymetric disc osteophyte complex at this level indents the thecal sac without deform from the spinal cord.
There is lesser disc dessication at c4-c5 and c5-c6 where bulging discs indent the thecal sac without deforming the spinal cord.
Remaining cervical and upper thoracic discs are relatively preserved. There is no disc extrusion, canal stenosis, or significant foraminal narrowing but there is an 8mm right arachnoid diverticulum c5-c6 intervertabral foramen.

Ok, so I've done a little digging on the arachnoid diverticula, is this something to be concerned about?

Would this MRI explain why I am in pain?
My NP seems to think that PT will be the only solution, but have done 2 months @ twice a week without any relief.
I have been taking NSAIDS, and heat therapy, and a topical NSAID, no relief.

I would be so happy to hear any kind of response, been feeling like I'm hauling a heavy load here.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The ongoing pain and weakness could indicate that there is progressive damage to the nerves. NCS, nerve conduction studies may show the effects on the nerve. The compression on the nerves needs to be relieved.  Therapy for spinal disorders can be conservative (non operative) and surgical (operative) management. Non operative therapies are ultrasound application, spinal traction, transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation and spinal injections. I would advise you to discuss various options with your doctor and initiate the right therapy for relief from pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you so much for your reply :-).
Your response is much appreciated.
If you don't mind me asking-
What is your opinion about the arachnoid diverticulum? I notice that it is in c5-c6 intervertebral foramen, is this something that should be looked into as well? How big of a space is there in the foramen (please forgive the terminology)? Will it continue to grow? How big does it generally have to be before they remove something like that?

Many, many questions! :-)
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The arachnoid diverticulum if it causing compressive symptoms on the nerves, then it needs surgical therapy. The compression on the nerves can be studied with nerve conduction studies. If no compressive symptoms are present, then a follow up is advised to see for changes and if it is causing compressive symptoms.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you so much for your reply. Your help is much appreciated. :-)