What is the benifits of AFOs for Pain?
My husband has Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT).  The pains in his feet and legs are really bad.  They gave him Lodine and Neurontin for pain ~ 3 weeks ago.  It is NOT helping at all.  They will not give him anything else for pain because of his age (44) because they said it is only going to get worse over time.  His EMG showed 16 nerves that were effected.  I guess they are miss firing.  The pain is terrible.

They want him to get CFOS/Carbon Fiber AFOS for both feet, inserts for his shoes and special shoes.  They are all VERY expensive.  The MDA will help pay for 2/3 of the price.  

My question is has anyone used them/ or knows if it helps with the pains?  Any comment would be greatly appreciated.  I hate to see him in so much pain.  

Thank you in advance.
Our insurance will not pay for any of this, and we are extremely short on cash.  He really needs some relief from pain.  Any answer is greatly appreciated please.