Neurology Expert Forum
What is this burning sensation in my shoulder?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What is this burning sensation in my shoulder?

About 1 month ago I pulled a muscle (I thought) in my right shoulder.  It went from a pulled muscle feeling to a aching pain feeling and now a burning/aching feeling. The burning feeling is so strong that it feels like somebody is holding a match to my shoulder. I also lost gripping strength in my hand and fingers, finding it difficult to write.  I have since regained most of the stregth in my hand/fingers, but still find it difficult to open a bottle or jar. Sometimes when I move my neck a certain way I can feel pain in my neck and shoulder area. Is this a pinched nerve?  What treatment do you suggest I seek?
Related Discussions
Dear Betsy:

It is always difficult to give a diagnosis over the internet.  Yes, this could be a "pinched" nerve problem.  One needs to know if the "nerve" problem is a brachial plexus problem or other problem.  A good neurological exam, with the historical important points noted will go a long way in elucidating the problem.  If you have objective loss of muscle strength then you might have a brachial plexus problem, or if the paraesthesias (sensation) problems are localized to a specific nerve distribution then you might have an ulner or median nerve problem.  I suggest you seeing a neurologist.

Sincerely,

CCF Neuro MD
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, Symptons? was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank