Neurology Community
What is this pain behind my left ear, back of head??

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Well I stumbled upon this page while trying to Google some info about head pains and migrains. I have a very similar pain like the one you describe. It's a migraine like pain behind my left ear starting towards the bottom of the left side of my neck and running to the too of my head. It doesn't stretch all the way over my head , it stops just above where my ear stops. I think I should add though that I seem to only get this pain for a couple weeks after I've taken ecstasy. I've taken quite a bit in the last five years but only started getting the pain about a year ago. At first I thought it was just a nasty side effect and I just needed to take a break so I did. About a four month break from ecstasy. Then after my break I indulged in the drug once.again and for about a week I had very severe head pain in the area I earlier described. I've had this post ecstasy pain happen to me about five times after taking ecstasy. But my most recent episode of pain was accompanied with fever like symptoms such as a caugh, nausea, dizziness, chills sometimes followed by hot flashes with bad sweating. I also had symptoms such as anxiety, mood swings, irritability, depression, uncontrolled bursts of anger and unintended crying. The pain behind my ear has finally stopped after about a week.....the pain never came and went though. It was always with me just sometimes worse then others. It was either a very mild pain that hurt when I moved my head/neck or a pain that was brought upon my by heavy movement or excitement. This more serious pain was very heavy and throbbed throughout The back of my neck. Hurt so much sometimes that I would just sit there holding onto my head until it slowly stopped throbbing and eventualy went back to a minor pain that I could bare. Like I said tho, a weeks gone by and the pain is gone but I still have all the fever symptoms and the other symptoms I talked about...like irritability and uncontrollable emotions. Please tell me what this pain couldve been....also if possible, address the other symptoms I described.