Neurology Community
What is this sharp pain behind my left ear, back of my head???

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Well I stumbled upon this page while trying to Google some info about head pains and migrains. I have a very similar pain like the one you describe. It's a migraine like pain behind my left ear starting towards the bottom of the left side of my neck and running to the too of my head. It doesn't stretch all the way over my head , it stops just above where my ear stops. I think I should add though that I seem to only get this pain for a couple weeks after I've taken ecstasy. I've taken quite a bit in the last five years but only started getting the pain about a year ago. At first I thought it was just a nasty side effect and I just needed to take a break so I did. About a four month break from ecstasy. Then after my break I indulged in the drug once.again and for about a week I had very severe head pain in the area I earlier described. I've had this post ecstasy pain happen to me about five times after taking ecstasy. But my most recent episode of pain was accompanied with fever like symptoms such as a caugh, nausea, dizziness, chills sometimes followed by hot flashes with bad sweating. I also had symptoms such as anxiety, mood swings, irritability, depression, uncontrolled bursts of anger and unintended crying. The pain behind my ear has finally stopped after about a week.....the pain never came and went though. It was always with me just sometimes worse then others. It was either a very mild pain that hurt when I moved my head/neck or a pain that was brought upon my by heavy movement or excitement. This more serious pain was very heavy and throbbed throughout The back of my neck. Hurt so much sometimes that I would just sit there holding onto my head until it slowly stopped throbbing and eventualy went back to a minor pain that I could bare. Like I said tho, a weeks gone by and the pain is gone but I still have all the fever symptoms and the other symptoms I talked about...like irritability and uncontrollable emotions. Please tell me what this pain couldve been....also if possible, address the other symptoms I described.
i have this same feeling only ive never done X. the pain only comes on when im having intercourse. starts at the back of my head just at the neck and as i get more excited it reaches up to the top left side of my head. like a cramping feeling that aches and burns. My girlfriend and I would both like to get this figured out! its killing our sex life!
i completely understand i get that pain on the left side of my head right behind the ear ive never done x im average girl 20 years old but ive been getting them for years now but they have seemed to have gotten worse now and i dont understand why it feels like my head is going to explode and it seemd to really effect me only at night when im relaxing i really hate it and i would really like to know what to do to stop the pain and i dont by that ur stressed crap because i got them when i was younger about 15 wat does a 15 year old have to be stressed about i understand now if im stressed im planning a marriage but it still hurts and wont it to stop what is this pain and why does it happen

My name is Kathleen. I recently had Surgery for "Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, on the Left side. Which is Compression of the Subclavian Vein and Juggler Vein, by the Clavicle rib. Dr. Samuel Ahn Founder Of The University Vascular Associates, I have had 3 Angiograms to Balloon open these arteries and veins. I too suffer what you are experiencing.The only way to know is to have a Angiogram to see if you suffer from this disorder. Or you should consult a Ear, Eyes, Throat Specialist. You definately want to seek "Help Before it gets worse." I waited, I was scared, and now I am paying the price, I have alot of pain. I hope everything goes well with you, please let me know how you do. I am going to the above specialist I suggested, Because since Surgery I am experiencing bouts of equilibrium.
I would contact a Thoracic Outlet Specialist, and a Eye, Ears Nose, Throat Specialist, in your area. I just had Surgery for this and I was experiencing the same pain before and after surgery. I am in California, I went to The University Vascular Associates UCLA, Dr. Samuel Ahn. Get a Check up tell them about the pain you are experiencing, the only way to know if you have this condition is to have a "Angiogram." Let me know how you do, and if that's what is wrong with you. take Care, Kathy