What is wrong with me? Constant pain and numbness in right arm and legs I feel like my body is just shutting down....
I am a 24 year old healthy female until recently I guess.  I have been experiencing a wide variety of new symptoms such as muscle twitching, tingling in legs, severe headaches, and now I just feel like my body is shutting down completely.  I have been to my GP and a neurologist but they said that it was all related to anxiety but that was back in May.  I had an MRI and it came back normal.  Since than I am easily fatigued and I wake up in the morning to my whole body in pain.  Just yesterday I was at work for the first time in months and out of no where I experienced this strange numbness in my right arm that lasted for about six hours with a lot of dull pain as well.  My gait is fine but when I walk short distances my knees just give in.  Last week I woke up in the middle of the night to a severe headache that felt like there was a huge amount of pressure behind my left eye and the right side of my face went numb for about 16 hours.  I went in to see an opthamologist and he said my optic nerves were fine but is still referring me to a neuro opthamologist.  My right arm still hurts when I woke up this morning it feels as  tho it is dead.  I am just worried because I dont think that this is just anxiety I am in constant pain, I am afraid to go to my doctor again because I dont want to be sent home saying its just anxiety...I mean this is really becoming dehabilitating and I never have energy to anything I dont even think I can go back to work I hurt so much.  What could this be MS, Lupus, who knows?
Hi, Thank you for your question. It is likely that your symptoms could be due to injury to a nerve, pressure on spinal or peripheral nerves (neuropathy), vitamin deficiency, lack of blood supply due to cholesterol plaque from atherosclerosis in the extremities, viral infection and use of certain medications.  In addition, atherosclerosis can also cause pain, numbness, and tingling while walking and they can also reduce blood supply and lead to numbness. Please consult your doctor to get all these possibilities evaluation in your case for further assessment. Hope this helps.