Neurology Community
What is wrong with me? Constant pain and numbness in right arm and legs...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What is wrong with me? Constant pain and numbness in right arm and legs I feel like my body is just shutting down....

I am a 24 year old healthy female until recently I guess.  I have been experiencing a wide variety of new symptoms such as muscle twitching, tingling in legs, severe headaches, and now I just feel like my body is shutting down completely.  I have been to my GP and a neurologist but they said that it was all related to anxiety but that was back in May.  I had an MRI and it came back normal.  Since than I am easily fatigued and I wake up in the morning to my whole body in pain.  Just yesterday I was at work for the first time in months and out of no where I experienced this strange numbness in my right arm that lasted for about six hours with a lot of dull pain as well.  My gait is fine but when I walk short distances my knees just give in.  Last week I woke up in the middle of the night to a severe headache that felt like there was a huge amount of pressure behind my left eye and the right side of my face went numb for about 16 hours.  I went in to see an opthamologist and he said my optic nerves were fine but is still referring me to a neuro opthamologist.  My right arm still hurts when I woke up this morning it feels as  tho it is dead.  I am just worried because I dont think that this is just anxiety I am in constant pain, I am afraid to go to my doctor again because I dont want to be sent home saying its just anxiety...I mean this is really becoming dehabilitating and I never have energy to anything I dont even think I can go back to work I hurt so much.  What could this be MS, Lupus, who knows?