What is wrong with me
Have twitches everywhere. Had 2nd lumbar fusion 5 months ago.  Main twitches are on my legs. Do have atrophy but slot of that is from 20 years of back problems.upper right back has area with some atrophy but also have ballooned disc in my neck for 15 years. My legs buzz most of the day. Never have done that before.my legs feel weaker but nothing objective according to the wife.could major back problems cause twitches,weakness and atrophy.legs do feel weird.my upper body has the buzz in the upper back.one thing I have noticed is my upper body is flabby but when I lift seem to have lost no strength.also have strange feeling in th front of my throat. Am on crutches right now from minor hip surgery. At first being on just the right leg was tough, but leg seems to have gotten stronger. Been doing calf raises and squats on total gym and have had no drop off . I am also under a great deal of stress  because of this. Have also noticed a great deal more fat on the back of my neck and hump as well as more fat on upper body. When I sit my the back of my neck and upper back really hurt. What is wrong with me

This discussion is related to Strange symptoms and ALS.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include neurological causes such as neuropathies, nerve impingement infections, inflammations, vascular causes, micronutrient deficiencies, muscular/ related issues, hormonal/ endocrine issues etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Def read about Cushing's syndrome which could be a possibility.

It is when you have a tumor somewhere that is making too much cortisol. It can cause twitches, atrophy, the hump and more.

You would need to see a neuroendocrinologist to get the workup for this. It is considered "rare" but it is more common than you'd think.
Good luck
horselip