Neurology Community
What to do now?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

What to do now?

Started in 2002 I was 21 am now 31 I began having floaters in my vision, noticed at the beach looking up at the sky. Went to eye doc told me floaters were normal and I would get used to them, which did happen for the most part. several months later woke up with intense vertigo room spinning went to ER told me I had a virus. after 1 more month of having vertigo when I lean my head back and to the right( i eventually realized ) I decided to go to the ent 3 days before my appt the vertigo went away, I was relieved but kept my appt ent said that b/c he could not reproduce it that it was probably BPPV and that i would be fine. about 2 month later had another episode that lasted 2 weeks same thing extreme vertigo when leaning my head back and to the right. this time they told me I had a eustachian tube dysfunction gave me some meds(nose sprays etc) and the vertigo eventually passed. So for about a yr I did not get vertigo again, still had constant floaters but had got used to them but could tell I was starting to get anxiety over it. In 2007 began having these streaks of light in my vision that would last for a few seconds and move through my field of vision and started to feel off balance a lot and ringing in my ears and some palpitations. had ekgs, holter monitor lab work echocardiogram everything normal. went to eye doc had pressure test and retinal pictures taken- normal then had hearing and pressure test- normal could not produce dizziness in office. I had so much anxiety over this. In 2009 I started having what I called "head zaps" It felt like I was about to get vertigo or something was being stimulated it only lasts a few sec and would happens several times a day. 2011 woke up with a severe case of vertigo again.sent me for a MRI of the brain w/wo contrast- normal and ent sent me for a VNG- normaI. last week had an "ocular migraine" or that is what i was told. I am glad my testing is normal but I am having panic attacks b/c I am still at square one HELP!
I was reading your issues and im very sorry that you are having these issues have you seen a nurolagist (sorry if I spelled it wrong ) I have not been sleeping well and have had real bad headaches again the reason I ask is becouse I have pseudotumor cerebri  and it causes some ringing in the ears vertigo type symptoms and vision disturbances so im not wondering if you might have increased cerebral fluied around your brain  pseudotumor also causes headaches that can be confused as migraines I hope you feel better soon and wish you the best on finding out what is wrong
thanks for posting ! yes i have seen a neurologist and have had a MRI of my brain with and without contrast that was normal (thank God) so all that was ruled out but I just cant shake the intermittent vertigo ...and all the other things I just wish it was simple good or bad at this point so I can fix it !!! :(
I feel your pain I have had the dizzy issues for 1 year now!!! All kinds of test run no answers yet.. Had surgery and havent been right since.. Vision is messed up I shake when I squeeze things and I feel like I am stuck on a boat at times floating up and down. So as I search I try to hang in there with no answers..I am 38 yrs old!! To young for this mess.
Oh and my off feeling is constant hasnt let up any at all.. And anxiety over it does not help!!
No it doesn't  help at all !! my issues have lead me ( over the years) to have full out panic attacks so then I start confusing what was happening with what is happening and I dont know where to go from here I even emailed some specialist out of states have not herd back I guess no one know what to do :( and yes we are to young for this mess !!!!!!
Cant begin to tell you how much blood work hhas been done on me! Only thing left is an LP test which I dont want to do..
I am 12 and I feel so sorry for you after having an asmer attack and loads of chest infections I know what it's like to be distressed at the moment (this has nothing to do with asmer I think) the room is turning slowly around and around like being on a boat but when I am on a boat I don't get sea sick. Erlyer I had a shaking fit but I think that was because I has hungry or because I am sad because my grandad just died. No adults will take me serously. But finally I can speak to some one.