Neurology Community
What type of dr treats small vessel ischemic disease?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Doctor, I was recently reading an old mri and mra report that I had in 2007. It mentions minimal periventricular hyperintensities are seen suspect for superimposed small vessel ischemic disease. recommend clinical correlation and neurology consult.
This is my problem, it was overlooked.  I lived in philly and moved to poconos 11 years ago, but continue to go to Jefferson for multiple sclerosis and HUP for previous breast cancer.  Dr Boraass is my surgeon.at HUP
The mri and mra were done in poconos and somehow got misplaced to philly   (Jefferson) Dr Leist   neuro
I will ask my neuro in may.  I was wondering if this is a serious condition and does it have anything to do with MS.
I think I should keep on top of this,  So many of my records get misplaced and i do not know why?  Karma?
Thank you in advance                                                   Linda