Neurology Community
What would cause my thigh to burn like it was on fire

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have been experiencing severe burning on my left outter thigh.  It is so bad it wakes me up in the middle of the night.  The pain is not constant but last a long time.  Feels like I could start a fire with my skin.  Today it happened then it went numb.  

Please visit a dermatologist and get yourself checked for eczema, shingles and other such skin diseases. Nervous system disorders rarely cause this kind of symptoms in this region

Regards
I have the same problem except that it is in both my thighs and it accures when I walk or when I stand and I also notice as soon as I do something like washing dishes or ironing with my hands in front of me the burning feeling is so bad, I sometimes start to weep because no one knows what I am talking about.