Neurology Community
What you all think
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What you all think

Yes, just this morning I went to my doctors appoinment. I got my blood work done, urine, x-rays, ecg, sonogram of my heart and every thing looked good. But this still didn't explain why my left side of my face along with the back left side of my head would twitch and feel numb on me every once in a while. I have my MRI scheduled for my head this coming week. I hope everything comes back with good results. I have had to previous CT scans at two diffrent local hospital and also come back with negative results. Do you think it has alot to do with stress, panic attacks etc. and lack of rest and the way I eat due to my job. I work in the correctional field. Thank you..
Related Discussions
Hello Dear,
You should consult a neurologist and find out the cause of the numbness.It could be tigeminal neuralgia,diabetes,neuropathy,arterial disease etc.
The underlying cause of numbness or tingling should be identified and then treated by your doctor. Treatment of the underlying condition may reverse the symptoms or prevent them from becoming worse..
If you have diabetes, your doctor will discuss ways to control your blood sugars.Any medications that cause numbness or tingling may need to be switched or adjusted. Low levels of vitamins will be treated with vitamin supplements. Stress may also contribute to your symptoms.
Refer http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003206.htm
Best

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979