Neurology Community
White Matter on the Brain??

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

White Matter on the Brain??

When I was 17 i lost control of my speech at work words came out backwards and it was on and off like that for about 30 min. That night it happened again (3 hours later) I lost my control of speech and couldnt read things well either the right side of my face went numb as well as my arm. This lasted about 30-45 minutes as well.The doctors said it could have been anything from TIA attacks/strokes to migraines. I never got migranes (migraines) before and rarely got headaches. I had an MRI done and saw a neurologist he said that I had a spot on my brain the size of a pinpoint but it was most likely nothing to worry about. They had another MRI done and no change in the spot. After that I went back to normal health no headaches no confusion or anything. This cycle happened again when I was 19 I went to the doctor and they prescribed me immatrex for migraines. I did get regular headaches after then but they were not as intense and felt more like tension headaches. This year I had another episode where i lost speech control and had numbness im 22. Ever since that last episode I often confuse word/speech order. I am ofter disoriented and will forget something someone just told me, or forget what I am doing. theres a 5-10 second lapse intill i remember and i become very frustrated because I am a college student and it seems to take be twice as long to process things. Had an MRT AND EEG done and the MRI results showed I had a small white matter on my brain? What does this mean?? The EEG results are not in yet and my doctor is on vacation all week? Im confused? What are the possibilites here??
Avatar n tn
Recently, I had a Brain MRI that tested NORMAL. The results included *minimal white matter signal hyperintensities of little clinical significance*.
Doc said nothing to worry about... i would think that you're ok...what did your doc say?
Avatar n tn
The first times i had mris they didnt find any of the white matter and diagnosed me as having TIA attacks?? This white matter business could be totally unrelated.