White Spots on Brain and seizures
My husband has been having mini seizures for almost a year. I finally talked him into going to the doctor. He had an MRi doen and he said he saw several white dots or spots on the brain? I know you can't give much information without seeing the MRI, but Is this normal?
White spots are not a normal finding and can indicate a variety of issues.
Were the seizures confirmed? Did he have an EEG?
Hi there. White spots on MRI brain are suggestive of wide variety of demyelinating conditions like multiple sclerosis, lyme disease etc. You need to consult a neurologist for evaluation of multiple sclerosis where the disease phase is characterized by active phase and remissions. It has multiple symptoms and signs and is a diagnosis of exclusion. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis are loss of balance, muscle spasms, numbness in any area, problems with walking and coordination, tremors in one or more arms and legs. Bowel and bladder symptoms include frequency of micturition, urine leakage, eye symptoms like double vision uncontrollable rapid eye movements, facial pain, painful muscle spasms, tingling, burning in arms or legs, depression, dizziness, hearing loss, fatigue etc. The treatment is essentially limited to symptomatic therapy so the course of action would not change much whether MS has been diagnosed or not. Apart from clinical neurological examination, MRI shows MS as paler areas of demyelination, two different episodes of demyelination separated by one month in at least two different brain locations. Spinal tap is done and CSF electrophoresis reveals oligoclonal bands suggestive of immune activity, which is suggestive but not diagnostic of MS. Demyelinating neurons, transmit nerve signals slower than non-demyelinated ones and can be detected with EP tests. These are visual evoked potentials, brain stem auditory evoked response, and somatosensory evoked potential. Slower nerve responses in any one of these is not confirmatory of MS but can be used to complement diagnosis along with a neurological examination, medical history and an MRI in addition, a spinal tap. Therefore, it would be prudent to consult your neurologist with these concerns.Epilepsy needs to be ruled out with an EEG. Take care.

We have an EEG scheduled in the coming weeks. The doctor hasn't really done anything except for a question and answer appointment. He just had the MRI and we looked at it and saw the white spots. I know he is having seizures I have seen them. There is no history in his family of Epilepsy and no history of MS.
My 2 year has had 2 seizures, her MRI revealed "watery spots" and the doctor said they see it alot but don't know what it is... I am very worried and I feel that the answer the doctor gave me is not good enough. I need to know what I should do, if anyone could shed some light it would be greatly appreciated.