White matter on brain
KGS
Please can you advise me on why I have more white matter on my brain than a person my age group I am 58yrs old.
I don't have high blood pressure nor Diabetes.

I had pins and needles in my hands and toes and around my nose and mouth for about 2 weeks...it seems to be getting alot better.
but I had to have an MRI brain scan and they found that white matter I mentioned...greater amount than normal for my age.

Can you please answer why this is so.

Thanks you

KGS
I just recently had an MRI of the brain because I have been having non-stop back of the
head headaches.  My MRI showed more white matter than usual for my age, I am
61, but the radiologist said it was due to age but it was bigger than normal and to
talk to my Neurologist about it, he didn't seem to be upset about it and kept
reassuring me that I did not have a brain tumor.  I don't see my Neurologist until
June 3rd.  Apparently it isn't serious or his office would have gotten in touch with
me concerning it.  
Hi KGS!  

On the top of my head I can think outright that your white matter concern can be brought about by just the normal variation among individuals.  As with stelamae80, this could also come from increasing age.  If the thought keeps on bothering you, I suggest you consult a neurologist for a more professional opinion.  What is important is that you have no serious symptoms attributable to any of your MRI findings.  Hope this helps.

Regards...