White spot on MRI scan
I have been suffering from dizziness since Jan 08, I also regularly get headaches. My consultant referred me for a MRI scan, after my scan I seen the pictures of my skull on the screen, I could see a small white spot. I'm really worried it could be something serious, I've got to wait 4 weeks for my results. Any ideas as to what this could be?

How are you?
Sometimes the white spots in the brain can be physiological due to aging, and diabetes or high BP. Migraine is another cause of white spots in the brain seen on MRI.
The headache and dizziness could be because of migraine, high BP, low blood sugar, poor eyesight and dehydration.
Hope this helps!
Thanks for your reply, I don't normally suffer from migraines or high BP. I am 40 years old. Could it be an indication on a tumour?

Yes brain tumors can be seen as white spots in the brain. Other causes can be chronic headaches, infections and MS. Let me know if you need more information.
I do suffer from headaches regularly but didn't have one at the time of my scan, would that make a difference? I feel very worried now!
My 38 year old daughter has been have alot of trouble the last couple of months with dizziness, where she CAN NOT stand up, most days she lays flat in bed.  Her eyes have been bothering her quite a bit.  She has also had alot of vomiting.  It is to the point where she cannot function at all.  Her ENT doctor did an MRI on her and said they saw white spots on the brain and are sending her to a neurologist.  I am scared for her, as is she.  Do you have any suggestions as to what this could be.  She just wants to be well enough to take care of her two children and her husband.
I had an MRI CT of the brain.  White spots should up.  I am a migraine sufferer.  Should I be alarmed that its a tumor?  What to do next.
ia m not a doctor and i don't want to alarm you but ms is a possibility i just went through all the tests the last two years. because nothing showed up in my spine they ruled out ms. you could also be having transient ischemic changes, it happens to us as we age. i hope everything turns out good for you . good luck. and don't let yourself get down. stay busy. let me know how things turn out

dianna
look up wegeners disease... also I have heard alot about celiac disease causing autoimmune so have a gluten sensitivity test.
Hi yes im almost 21 yrs old and i have been having this feeling for couple of yrs and it has gotten worse over time and it happens everyday it seems and like twice a day and when i get out of bed in morning and get up off couch or just stand up or any time i get really bad dizzy and feel weak and get bad headace and see alot alot of black spots and just spots plain as day and it hurts just for a few seconds but it is really bothering me and im really worried about it ... it has gotten worse over yrs and now it is really bad and im just getting really tired of it it just hurts and i hate it so much .. i really need a answer to my problem and just didnt know who to ask and i cant go to doctor so i had to look up on computer some how.. i need answers im really worried i have a 8 month old baby girl and a husband so i have a family and a full time worker and mother and wife and i need answers so thank you for you time i hope you can help me in some way...
The most probable cause of white spots on MRI of brain is MS .Other causes are Migraines , ischemia ,  infections , periventricular leukomalacia , leukodystrophies , CNS vasculitis and other neurodegenerative disorders . It can be stated clearly on  seeing the MRI film as to what exactly the cause is .Please do not panic . Stress aggravates all health problems especially neurologic problems . Please wait for the neurologist consultation . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !  
i also have white spots on my brain. and i suffered gradual hearing loss from my left ear. the neuro said i should undergo a spinal tap to confirm the if i have MS. is it advisable? i think ST is risky.
I wonder if you might be able to take a look over my query below. I noticed you giving very good advice to another poster and hoped you may have the time to put my mind at ease. Thank you in advance:

I had an MRI yesterday following referral by my GP. Symptoms are dizziness/ vertigo, pins & needes/ numbness/ pain in arms and legs, photosensitivity, migraines, low platelet count, hyper reflexes.

As everyone probably does I have gone over my MRI scan (which was done on spine and brain) and have attached the images which concern me. What is the white dot and swelling? As it looks to have permiated the brain membrane do you think it looks like meningitus,  Encephalitis or something else?

Selection of Images =

http://tinypic.com/r/b6u0yp/5

http://tinypic.com/r/2rghsno/5

http://tinypic.com/r/2zekmfm/5

http://tinypic.com/r/1zfoqdz/5
I just got the results from my brain MRI as well from my Neurologist/Headache specialist.  I had been diagnosed with migraines before scan.  She said overall it looked ok, but there are white spots on it and that those are areas of decreased blood flow in the brain.  She said these are common to find on brain scans of those suffering from Migraines.  She did say that my spots where larger though than normally seen in migraine sufferers and to have a recheck scan in 6 months to make sure they are not getting larger!  I asked the worse case scenario and she did mention that those diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis have large white spots on brain scans, though much larger than mine and for now not to worry!  Hope this helps some...good luck : )
It sounds like Chiari Malformation
I am not a doctor, I am in the medical profession and I have this disease as well. What you told me of the symptoms sound like an exaserbation from Multiple Sclerosis. Sounds like relapse-remitting MS. If it is please tell her not to take it as a death sentence as I did. It just means taking life a little easier. After about 10 days of IV meds from her neuro she will start feeling better, just take it slow. chelly