Whole body paresthesias
Treatment for whole body paresthesias? Positive nerve biopsy x 2. Diagnosis small nerve fiber neuropathy. My neurologist said this was the worst nerve biopsy result he has seen in 16 yrs of practice.

This discussion is related to Whole body paresthesia.
Hi!
Generally small nerve fiber neuropathy occurs due to an underlying disease such as diabetes, Lyme, lupus, hypothyroidism, vasculitis, alcoholism, autoimmune disorders etc. To treat this neuropathy, the underlying disease has to be kept under control. If you do not know the cause yet, then extensive tests need to be done to find the cause. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
All these disease processes have been ruled out. No metabolic syndrome, DM, SLE, vasculitis or Autoimmune disease. I am hypothyroid but Thyroid studies have been normal on medication. Anti-Hue antibody test negative. PCP defers to neurologist and the neurologist wants be to see a specialist in Houston that he usually sends the neuro cases he cannot solve. Thanks for the input.