Neurology Expert Forum
Why Do I feel Tingling and Pressure?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Why Do I feel Tingling and Pressure?

About 3 weeks ago I woke up feeling alot of tingling and pressure in my legs from my feet to my stomach I was scared so I went for a emergency vistit to my Dr.s and they did know what to say about my problem. I had problems walking and standing still, the tingling and pressure has now worn off my legs now but I still feel heavyness in my feet when I try to run. Another thing too is that the symptoms I have now moved up to my hands and stomach, I have trouble with my hands like with locking my doors or trying to get a grip on things when I grabb something. I feel more of the tingling and pressure in my hands and stomach now and the feeling is always there I also feel sensitivity in them. I am now scheduled to have a visit to the rheumatologist and neurologist I was also thinking could this be a problem  caused by something that I don't know thats inflamated inside?
There are a few conditions that can cause an 'ascending' progression of nerve related symptoms, ie numbness and weakness

One of these is Guillan-Barre syndrome, which typically causes weakness but may also be sensory, and symptoms progress over about 2-4 weeks before becoming better. The cause is unknown but is though to be an immune type reaction. It can vary from mild to severe, in the severe form one may become paralysed and not able to breath until the nerves recover - if you develop any trouble breathing you need to seek urgent medical attention. Tests such as EMG and spinal fluid analysis can help make the diagnosis and can be performed by a neurologist, specific treatment is available if diagnosed early enough.

Other causes might include an viral or post-viral inflammation of cells in teh spinal cord, which is usually self-limiting, and there is no specific treatment, other than supportive measures. AN MRI of the spine should be done to evaluate for spinal cord inflammation or irritation.

As you can see there are some potentially serious causes to your symptoms, so an evaluation by a skilled neurologist is highly reccommended.
Good luck
I have felt something similar for a couple of months now but the burning and tingling is mainly in the bottome half of my legs.....and is worse when laying down at night.  Do you experience that?
Well JS I don't have a burning sensation as u do and feel but now I have gone to the Rheumatalogist and I found out that I have carpal tunnel which  is good news.
Hi to all, I found this forum because I'm having severe pain in my knee that I can't walk, sit, for short periods of time!  How did this happen?  I feel in the entrance at school one morning, a rug in the entrance was rolled up a bit from traffic, me walking with head up fell flat of my face.  By the grace of God, it was witness by Campus Police and a member of the board.  I got up and went to class and even reinacted it to the class for laughter, the biggest thing the upset me was my soda pop spilled.  Ok this was 2001, someone had commented that you'll be sorry tommorrow.  Well I have had x-rays, even been to a neuroligist who feel asleep during my story, I found out later through my MD that he has MS. I'm 43 years old suffering from tinnitus, seizures, asthma, bi-polar type 1 w/physchotic features, and manic depressed.  When on medication like now I'm fine but my knee is screeming.  Doc gave me larotab 10 and it doesn't do a thing.  My Dads mom suffered with poor circulation in the legs w/varicose veins as do I. Oh and I have gained 185lbs.  When I try to do something like get up off this pc I have to hold on due too equlibrium and knee gives out and I fall.  What in the world am I gonna do?  Cant loose weight w/this problem. I file for SSI and also my MD recommended another doctor to check it out.  Right now as I sit here I feel extreme pain in the right knee with lower calves numbs!  I'm used to it.
Hi everyone
I also feel tingling in my legs and more rarely in my arms. It happens only when I put some kind of pressure on my legs or arms. Even a small pressure (crossing the legs or sitting on the toilet seat) will cause tingling. Because it happens mostly at night I though that may be Restless Leg Syndrome. However unlike RLG but it does not happen when I sleep (unless the pressure is exerted). Does anyone have this kind of symptoms?