Why do I have foot numbness?
About 3 month's ago I noticed partial numbness in the top half, and edge of my foot.  After taking Niacin (Niacin increase blood circulation) about 50% of the numbness went away - suddenly.

During the last month I noticed that one of the toes became partially numb on top, bottom half.  Toe-by-toe, four toes are now effected.  My "big toe" is not effected.  I also notice that the skin on the same foot is dry - a "sunburn look" with the burn.

MS has been rule out.

Due to enourmous amounts of stress I drink too much.

What could cause this numbness?

To Health

....a "sunburn look" WITHOUT the burn.
neuropathy?
What is the treatment for neuropathy...either the status quo or alternative/complimentary medicine such as Naturopathy, Traditional Chinese Medicine etc.
No real treatment except medications to help with pain etc...unless the cause is found and it can be corrected.
i too have developed the same symptoms in my left foot.  (numbess on the left half of my foot from the ankle to the toes).  It is starting to bother me considerably and slowly getting worse.  it started about 10 days ago during and after two days of skiing for the first time in 25 years.  the boots were terribly uncomfortable.  the one on my left foot especially hurt my left ankle.  i am certain the numbness and constant tingling (pins and needles) is related to the boot pressure against my left ankle area. I haven't visited a doctor yet as don't have the $200 office visits now cost.  ugh....anybody, any suggestions on what this is and how to treat?