Why do I shake?
In early December I presented withh some weakness and numbness in my feet.  My hands were seeming uncoridinated,  I had low B12 and doc suspected B12 defiecincy for which I am being treated. At the time of diagnosos I stated taking Ativan/  It pretty much ended the symptoms.  But I was having tolerance withdrawal, so I wnt off cold turkey on Sunday.

My hands shake, and my tongue shakes a little, except when I am at rest.  I am not sure if the Ativan withdrawal,which is considerable is part of the cause or not, bu tmy hands were sort of shaky in the AM even before I started the med.

What are the possible causes?

I'm a female 54 YO, and I do have a cervical spine injury, which I don't know if it is related.

lauries7
Ativan is very dangerous to come off cold turkey.  I also am on it and shake.  I had cervical surgery 7 months ago and still trying to come off Ativan.  The shakes are part of the anxiety you will get as a side effect of coming off.  I also have a tolerance.  How much were you taking and how often did you take it?
I was on about 1.25 mg per day.  How about you.  When do you shake?  Does you spine injuryy cause any of the shaking?
The pain could have something to do with it but it's usually anxiety that causes the shaking so coming off can have the same effect as what you went on them for.  My shaking is usually first thing in the morning but I'm still on 2 mg a day.  Was on 4 for quite some time.  I've become tolerant to it now so it doesn't work so slowly decreasing the amounts so I don't get withdrawal.  I'm on 2 other drugs which could also be contributing to the shakes as they make me very dizzy in the morning.  I have chronic pain due to the length of time it took them to find the cause of my pain.  Stress adds to everything.  Do you still have anxiety - if not then the shakes should go away after time when your over the withdrawal.  How did you get .25, in Canada the lowest dose we can go is .5 .  I'm interested as I want to decrease very slowly as to not go backwards.