Why do my legs ache when i drink alcohol
Whenever i start drinking after the first few sips my legs ache and feel a bit like jelly. I suffer from a lot of muscle pain and stiffness anyway, which is believe to have developed from depression and stress (especially that of the post traumatic-kind) but im wondering what the connection is to alcohol. It seems to be worse if i drink wine for some reason, anyone have any ideas?
Well, I have just an idea, but whenever a person has a drink, you feel it in the legs first, which is usually a pleasant sensation.  But since you have this neuromuscular type thing happening in your legs, apparently alcohol accentuates whatever you're feeling there.  Might I suggest you do two things about the tension in your legs:  1) Go see a doc and make sure you don't have RLS which is restless legs syndrome, there are medicines to counteract that, and 2) Take a name-brand, complex multivitamin/mineral supplement with iron, just once a week is fine, because being deficient in a nutrient can cause these sorts of cramps in the legs.

Now, if you all the time feel a constant tighteness in your legs, might I suggest you go see a massage therapist for a number of visits, and they will rub out all that tension in your legs, and in fact your whole body.  In addition, it is possible you have a lumbar spine problem that is causing your legs to hurt, in which case a neuro would want to offer moderate treatment, perhaps get a scan of your lower back, he might prescribe pain relief, he may order physical therapy, that sort of thing.  In the meantime, do whatever exercises you do to keep your tummy muscles real tight, since that's what holds the spine together!