Why do my legs tingle and burn

I am being treated for restless legs, I also get tingling, burning tight feelings in both lower legs up to about mid calf.  I also have burning and numbness and nerve pains in both anterior lateral thighs.

A neurosurgeon ordered an MRI and said that it showed simple wear and tear.  However, the MRI report said "severe degeneration of the L3-L4 facet joints" and " the arrangement of the nerves within the thecal sac indicates arachnoiditis".

I was offered surgery for Meralgia Parasthetica which I refused.

I asked my GP about the MRI report and he said that a finding of arachnoiditis was "controversial" and that it probably is just an incidental finding.  That I couldn't have it because I was still walking around and not complaining of severe pain.

My questions are : does arachnoiditis exist ?
                          : could I have arachnoiditis causing my leg symptoms ?
                          : can this be more widespread and be the cause of my 15 years of trigeminal neuralgia and more recent onset of classic migraine with aura ?

Thank you

Arachnaphob