Why would a baby need a Ct scan
My friend has a baby that was sent for a ct scan..the doctor ordered this because it has something to do with his brain may not be able to grow because of some bone in the head.  But this was detected form a norma physical exam.  Im confused as to how they can determin this form just a normail exam.  

This discussion is related to TREATMENT FOR BABY BRAIN PARALISIS??.
Hello.

It is difficult to tell what the baby is suffering from. Some more information could have been more helpful.

The child may be suffering from cerebral palsy. The lesions in the brain are actually non-progressive, but they affect the growth of the child. Intellectual development is also affected in such cases.

Most of the neurological problems can be at least suspected from a clinical examination. Can you provide some more information regarding the child's symptoms?

Regards
Thanks for responding.  I really dont have much more information.  the baby had the CT scan done on Monday and will get the results by Monday.  But I guess they suspected something form the clinical exam that prompted them to do the test.  The baby is only 2 months old so there were no visable symptoms.