Wjat is causing pins and needles with pain in the arms as all tests clear?
Hi, about 6 months ago I would up with pain starting from the right hand side of my neck and moving down to my shoulder. I visited a GP and was told it was a pulled muscle and to just rest it for a few weeks.
Four weeks later, the pain had not decreased so I went for an x- ray which was resulted in being clear and was therefore sent forward for physio.
Afrer 4 sessions of physio, I noticed slight pins and needles in my hands on the little finger and ring finger on both hands that were coming and going with no real pattern.
I re visited the doctor who mis diagnosed me with carpel tunnel and then later said it could be thorasic outlet syndrome. After hoping the pins and needles would just disappear, they got a bit worse as when the pins and needles are present, I get pain from the elbows radiating down to my hands.
I then went to see a dpinal neourosurgeon who sent me for an mri of the brain and cerical. The results of the brain scan were clear and the cervical showed slight degeneration in c5/c6 but now nerver root compression. I was then sent for a nerve conduction study ( emg) which again resulted in a normal result.
I was then sent for more physion sessions to help the neck, however the pins and needles have not improved or disappeared. I am anxiously seeking advice on what amy be causing the pins and needles as all the tests arent giving any answers.