Work stress vs. Aneurysm & SAH
Aug. 2006 I was given a MRI due to bad headaches and an inaccessible aneurysm in my brain stem was found (2mm- circle of willis).  I’m 48, an Air Traffic Controller since 1982 for FAA (the last 15 years at the 2ND busiest approach control in the world). A husband of 19 years & father of two wonderful girls 17 and 15.  and pretty healthy… 6’2” , 240lbs ( shooting for 200 ) I don't drink - I don't smoke - my blood pressure was measured throughout and was consistently low…  I’m getting 1 hour of cardio daily, eating more fruits and veggies, less salt, good sleep hygiene etc…

I am aware of 7 different SAH’s since 1998 at my Facility alone ( one was a woman ) is there any link known to high stress jobs and aneurysms.  It has been a battle to keep my CAT II medical clearance and continue working.  My pilot’s license has been suspended for the aneurysm already.  I am eligible to retire at age 50, but, if my medical waiver is denied my job and retirement is in jeopardy.

I with HMO…and not thrilled with their approach!  I'm searching for the definitive book on SAH's and aneurysms.  However, maybe every one is different and it's hard to generalize.  Any thoughts you might have or books to read would be helpful…..I have already started the Bible!  : )
While I can't medically provide an answer to you, I do sympathize. I suffered a SAH myself and a few years later (2007) had brain surgery for my aneurysm in SFO.

{BTW - where did you work? I worked for HNLXA until they closed and relocated to SFOXA. I worked for ARINC until my forced medical retirement in 2007 from my brain aneurysm.}
I found some info at Brain Foundation Org (www.bafound.org/). Your MD may be able to help.

I wish you luck and Get Well FAST and Soon! Feel free to contact me.