Neurology Community
Worried about my finger twitching

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Worried about my finger twitching

Over the 9 months I have been experiencing unusual sensations in my hands.  For around 5-6 months some of my fingers in my hands would go numb while sleeping.  I had scene a doctor, and they told me it was some kind of carpel tunnel syndrome.  My symptoms of my numb hands have diminished and have almost completely gone away.  However, over the last few months, I've noticed that my thumbs and my finger that is next to my pinky in my left hand have been twitching often.  It is causing me great anxiety.  Also, I don't know if this is normal and I'm just making a big deal about it, but when I hold objects my hands tremble a little bit.  As soon as I see my hands tremble it gets and causes more anxiety.  My hands also tremble more after vigorous exercise.  I have not noticed any muscle weakness and my energy level is normal.  I worry because I'm a 32 year old male and I don't want to live with the fear that I may have some nerve disease such as MS or ALS or someother digenerating nerve disease.  I've also been severely depressed lately due to excessive lonelyness.  
What could be causing my finger twitching?  Is it normal to have light trembling in hands when holding objects?  Could it be that my depression along with seeing these symmptoms is making it worst?  Thanks for your time in reading my question.
Hi there.

I am a 25 year old female, and have been suffering with trembly hands for 9 months now.  At first, like you I thought it was something serious (nerve related), but I visited my GP and she told me about benign tremors.  I was given a basic nurological test and I passed with no abnormality.  Basically, I went through a very stressful time and the anxiety got to me so much, that it manifested itself physically in my hands.  I became paranoid that everyone was watching my hands and could see them shaking all the time.  As time has gone by I have accepted that for the moment, this is how I am, a little shakier than others, but if you do look closely, everyone shakes a little, no one is perfectly still.  I used to spend hours watching people holding newspapers to see if they were shaking.

I am confident that with a little more time, my shaking will be so small that I won't even notice it anymore.  I hope that you can come to terms with your shaking too, and accept that you have been very stressed and that it is likely to be nothing more serious.  If it is too overwhelming, please see your GP.  I wish you luck, and peace of mind.
l
I have noticed all of your symptoms. I am a 20 year old male college student and often during the day without any provocation parts or all of my hands will go numb. Normally its for a short time.
For the past week I have noticed my right hand pointer finger twitch uncontrobably. And it is also causing me some anxiety. Sometimes the twitch is quite extreme and pronounced. Its as if I'm trying to type or click a mouse. Did you ever find out any more info about your condition? I will not tell anyone about it b/c I'm to busy and I don't want anyone to worry, so hopefully this will go away or its something that is just in my head.