Neurology Expert Forum
Worried about neck and bilateral arm and hand pain x 2-3 months

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

For the past 3 years i have had some increasingly worsening pain in my neck and hands.  i have numbness and tingling throughout the day accompanied by a stiff and painful neck.  the pain is mostly in  my ring and pinky fingers on both sides and my thumb.  in the mornings i have the worst symptoms.  i have pain, swollen numb hands both sides and recently i have a pain localized in my right palm.  i don't have any history of trauma.  i had physical therapy 2 years ago because they thought it might be due to repetetive stress syndrome.  but, when i got a severe headache from some manipulation with my neck, they thought it was probably stemming from my neck. i couldn't follow up with PT afterwards because i was afraid that the PT didn't know what she was doing.  i'm not really sure what to do at this point or who or what kind of doctor to go to.  any advice would be very helpful.  i am a 35 yo asian female.
Its possible that you have some cervical disc or nerve root problems which an MRI of the cervical spine or an EMG (needle electrical exmination) could define further. A general neurologist can do these tests from the office
Jood

Have you had a cervical MRI?  I have a herniated disc at C6-7 that causes me neck pain and pain in my shoulder, tricep, and ring finger.

Just a thought.  Good luck!
I to have had a Cervical MRI And I have a disk bulge in my C5-6 w/mild narrowing and also a disk protrusion in my T11-12;a disk protrusion/extrusion in my L4-5 with spinal stenosis(narrowing); and also in my L5-S1 a disk bulge.
I have a lot of nerves being pinched which is causing cluster headaches daily, loss of balance, numbness usually down my left arm, and occassionally in my R arm; lots of pains in my L lower back hip which shoots pains down my (L) leg into my toes. The sooner you get it looked at the quicker you can be treated, before more damage can happen.

Best of Luck to ya