Aa
A
A
Close
Wrist Drop Self Care
Hello. Apparently too many beers over the weekend earned me a case of wrist drop ( Radial Nerve Palsy or Radial Neuropathy ). Can anyone advise me on how to best treat this? I am currently doing some part time janitorial work. Should this be ceased? I've read where doing some mild exercising is good. I am uncertain whether the wrist should be spared all stress, though. It's not like I can use it much anyway, but I wonder if it would be better to play it safe.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Also,  a couple of mornings prior to the wrist drop, I awoke with a completely numb arm ( same side ). I mean, when I shook it, it was lifeless and rubber-like. Sensation returned soon after without the pins and needless. I wonder what the correlation may have been?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi,

Thanks for writing in.
Wrist drop occurs due to radial nerve palsy. The time frame for recovery varies from days to over a year.
It is not a good idea to spare the wrist of any work, please continue with passive range of motion exercises, avoid alcohol for sometime to prevent another injury and take OTC B complex supplements as they will help in healing of nerves.
Hope this helps!

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks Dr. Noopur.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Dr Noopur may God Bless You for using this service and helping people online. Have you ever considered opening an online website of your own?
I work on computers and would like to offer any help you need for free,
my telephone number is 18002781314.
Additionally I am suffering for four months from radial nerve palsy and its a very very slow recovery process but I am taking your advice and getting some B complex vitamins at Walgreens today
Thanks again for doing what you do.
.   Billy - Tarpon Springs , Florida
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Wrist Drop Self Care
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources