Neurology Community
Wrist pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Wrist pain

I am not sure if I have carpal tunnel or not. I have a recent onset of pain in my wrists. Everyone I speak to tells me that it is carpal tunnel cause I have a job that I type all day long. I am only 28yrs old though. I take Glucosamin and I thought that would help. I have mild relief. My mother gave me a brace for my wrist I wore it for about a week cause the pain got to the point I couldn't take it anymore.
Also when I bend my wrist toward the floor a bump appears and it was very sore, after wearing the brace for a week it got tolerable again. If I do to much lifting or cleaning anything with force.
Hi.

Your symptoms do suggest a carpal tunnel syndrome is present. However, nothing can be ascertained right now as a full physical and neurological examination hasn't been done yet by a trained health professional.

CTS is basically a complex of symptoms resulting from compression of the median nerve as it passes through a narrow tunnel in the wrist.

You should have your wrists examined by a physician to help you manage the pain.

Hope this helps.
i broke my left wrist dec 11 and it was repaired in surgery with a plate and about 6 pins.  although its been 5 weeks, i am still having a fair amt of pain and lately my husband and i have noticed that on occasion my hand and wrist appears to have a different colour than my right hand. it is not always there but maybe several times a day i will notice it. the pain seems to be mostly starts as a burning sensation in my 2 small fingers including a numbness and tingly sensation and then the pain progresses up my arm and even with pain medication doesn't seem to abate.  i do suffer from arthritis and diabetes am a 50 yr old female, am overweight but before this accident was walking at least 3-4 times weekly long walks with my dog..and doing renovations so keeping active.  now not doing a whole lot of stuff;  hope someone knows what i should do, don't want to bug the doctors if this is just a normal part of the healing process of a fracture as i have been fortunate to not break anything else before this!  Thanks to anyone who can advise me. sincerely callmekirby5