Neurology Expert Forum
Your Gut Feeling

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Your Gut Feeling

I have always been an anxious person.Well I started taking b vitamins about 3 days ago because a friend of mine said they help support the nervous system.Well whenever I would feel anxious I would be able to feel it in my stomach and now when I get anxious I dont feel anything in my stomach ? Should I be worried ?
Avatar_dr_m_tn

Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I cannot tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

I don’t think you should worry about not feeling anything in your stomach when you feel anxious.

It is important to try and reduce anxiety in your daily life. You can exercise, practice relaxation techniques, improve sleep hygiene, drink less caffeine, etc.

B vitamins can cause neurological problems if you are deficient in them but if there is no documented deficiency or no symptoms of deficiency there is no good evidence that taking B vitamins will improve your neurological health. On the other hand, there is little harm in taking them as long as you are not overdosing on them.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.
hello there , why would you want to feel worried about not feeling anxious in your stomach  ? congratulations on your decison to take stock of your life and rid your self of anxiety. stress is an awful thing and not to be taking lightly.
An excellent choice of vitamin. your friend is correct. Individually, each B vitamin  serves a  purpose in the nervous system that is generally subtle unless you experience a deficiency of the specific nutrient. The B-vitamins are referred to either by number or compound name and include thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, biotin, cobalamins and folate.
I would personally recommend  Jarrow Formulas, B-Right, B complex also exercise regularly, and get at least eight hours of sleep a night, .x

.