a little help!
i am diagnosed with having intercranial pressure (ICP), which is excess fluid in the brain and spine nd mine has been controlled through several spinal taps in the past year since i was diagnosed. I have recently been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome which from what I can get from it, is caused by a hormonal imbalance. Last April 2011 when I noticed I had headache and vision changes and ended up in the hospital diagnosed with ICP I also began to have a very rapid heart beat at times. It takes my breath away when it happens. Sometimes it happens for long periods of time and other times it may only happen for about an hour. When it happens my throat feels closedI describe it to my family like my heart is acting crazy and I can feel it in my throat. I feel nausiated when it happens and get light-headed as well on occasion. I dont know if the head problem I have is related to the heart palpiltations, my neurologist said its a seperate issue, but when the palpiltations occur and i get light headed it seems like its linked together to me. Im exhausted all the time and I look it.  im 25 years old and im nervous to see a cardiologist b/c im scared to hear any bad news. My cat scans for my head dont show anything wrong so i dont know if its anxiety or what? thats what my primary care doctor says but should I just trust that? n could the polycystic ovarian syndrom, intercranial pressure and heart palpiltations be related? just curious to see if anyone has any experiences with these three problems.
Hi there!

The three conditions are unlikely to be related to each other and each would need a separate evaluation and management. For the palpitations your may consider an initial visit to an internist and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!