Neurology Community
abdominal nerve damage after surgery

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

abdominal nerve damage after surgery

I have had a few major surgeries since early September; colon resection (3 feet taken out due to obstruction), appendix removed, and then had scar tissue build up causing blockage that led to part of my small intestine being removed. My last surgery was a month and a half ago, and over the past few weeks I've developed some weird pain. It started out to the right of my incision, and was pretty severe. My surgeon said she thought it could be nerve damage, and suggested maybe a corisone shot. I am waiting for that one. The weird thing is now it has totally moved from my front/side area to right above my belly button above an incision.  Does nerve damage really move like that? I just finished antibiotics for a possible UTI, and she's done another ct scan and barium swallow that haven't shown any damage.  If it is nerve damage what are my options? I'm in such bad pain, I can't bend, stretch or do much and it is really getting depressing as I was an active person before all fo this. Any suggestions? Thank You.