abnormal pupil reaction
I have had an abnormal pupil dilation in my right eye for over a month now and sinisitis that's worse on my right side ethmoid sinisis, frontal and spenoid(this showed up from a CT scan). My pupil's will react to light but the right pupil is alway's bigger and it's more noticible in dim light or when I'm looking at something close up. I have also noticed that the right pupil lean's more towards the left during dim light or when I'm looking at something close up. I have been seeing a neuro-opthamlolgist who think's it might be my left eye that's the problem. He also think's it may be that I have a virus in my eye that is causing the problem. I can see fine and I do have some pain when moving my right eye to the right and to the left. My neuro-opthamologist said my eye's are moving normally though.  I'm only taking birthcontrol pill's. I'm wondering what this could be, or if it could be related to the sinisitis?
Hello.

It does appear to be a viral infection. Get your ophthalmologist to treat you for this. Keep a close watch on the pupil size and your sinusitis. The pupil problems should clear once the viral infection has settled.

Regards
Hello ddb2800.  I do hope you're doing better, if not I've posted some info below that hopefully might help you.  I'm a Med Student and we just finished discussing similar conitions in class.  Here is some information I gathered from my notes for you.  REMEMBER, RESEARCH EVERYTHING AND YOUR SYMPTOMS  (also one symptom does not constitute a diagnosis you have to have a few of the symptoms and talk to your primary care physician/specialist about your findings and what you are and have experienced, since a Doctor is the only one that can legally diagnose you.

I HOPE THIS HELPS!!  :0)  FYI:  research both of these but it seems like you're describing Argyll Robinson Pupil, just make sure to also look at treatment and duration of symptoms for your condition.)

**What is mydriasis? Dilation of papillary aperture, stimulation of sympathetic nerves, excite radial fibers of the iris

**What is Argyll robinson pupil? What is it associated with? Lens accommodates but pupil does not react to light, associated with neurosyphilis, “prostitute eye”.   (Yes, I know it's a horrible name but that's really what it's called, look it up.)

God Bless & Hope You Get Well Soon!

~DF37  <3
oh, wow..I didn't look at the date this discussion was posted..whoops..haha..long time agao.  ;0)