Neurology Community
adderall and a pain relief connection without doubt

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hi, I have already questioned my psychiatrist about this subject.  Back in April 2008, I had a very bad virus that had many, many symptoms.  I at this time also had started lowering my dosage of adderall (adderrall) from 60mg, to 40mg, to 20.  However I was experiencing a great deal of tachy, and palps, in phases.  I honestly related this to the virus as my son also experienced problems, and doesnt do caffeine or adderall (adderrall).  I stopped the adderall (adderrall) completely really with no problem that I was aware of, however I did end up with every possible symptom of fibro, and then some.  Again I attributed this to the nasty virus.  However at the end of July, while unusually fatigued and in a great amount of pain, I had to get ready for a family vacation.  I decided to take 10mg of adderall (adderrall), which worked, not only did it work, but the pain vanished, and I took 10mg for about 6 days.  I did not attribute any connection until after 6 days of not taking it the pain returned with a vengence.  After 3 days, I tried the adderall (adderrall) and like magic - no pain again.  Can anyone explain this phenomenon.  Did being on adderall (adderrall) for a year and a half create the fibro symptoms after completely off of it, and then after months of physical problems, taking a little relieved the horrible pain?  I find nothing on this, and my psychiatrist said it is not typical by any means.  However, this, in my personal case, is the honest to god truth.  To me it would seem very possible due to the brain chemicals involved, how does no one else see this?  I mean the standard treatment right now for fibro is a mega dose of a psychotropic. I know that these drugs are of different properties, but some properties are better for some people and worse for others.  This isnt exact science - yet.  I did not opt for the Lyrica because I am highly sensitive to chemical changes in the brain, expecially the antipsychotics and anti-depressants, really the list could go on.  As in they make me far, far worse, and I dont mean weight gain.  I just find it hard to beleive that I could be the only person in the world that has experienced this "miracle" - again not the fatigue, the pain.  GONE.  As far as psychiatric, if interested, I have ptsd, and some anxiety.  Not bipolar, or schitzophrenic.  Just a basic physical mess since the April, unknown virus.   Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and hopefully enlightening.