annular buldge
My MRI results showed right-sided annular bulge and grade 1 spondolylosis in the L5-S1 and foraminal stenosis but no defent nerve root impingment. My simptoms have been deep pain dead center of my low back with constent pain and numbness in buttocks, back of legs and and when sitting shoots to my calves.Pain seems to get worst the longer I sit, but if I stand for to long the pain increases as well. Seen the specialist, he went over the MRI images with me, showed me the buldge, did  a physical examination. Told me he thinks it is an annular tear.
My MRI pictures did not look like those pictures of positive findings of annular tears. My primary care provider seems to think the MRI findings are not significant to my symptoms, but why am I having this pain for so long ( 3 months)?
Is it possible i could have an annular tear but it just shows as a bulde on the MRI?