anticardiolipin
I am 40 years old and have been tested positive for anticardiolipin, recently I have developed shaking hands and tremors in my hands mostly at rest.  Could this be a symtom of the anticardiolipin or is it a sign for something else?  Please respond as soon as possible. Thank you!
   Both hands tremor in more than the rest position, could occure in a wide varity of illnesses as well as in Essential tremor or exagerated physiologic tremor where a long standing tremor could more prominant if you developed anemia, or a thyroid problem, so a detailed history and the physical exam are the main way to tell them apart.
   Anticardiolipin and Lupus anticoagulant  constitute the Antiphospholipid antibodies (APL)  which  can be detected in:
     - 30% to 50% of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus,
     - in 4% to 18% of patients with venous thrombosis
     - and in 10% to 34% of patients with ischemic strokes.
Generally, a syndrome is called APL syndrome , could present in different ways, one of them is tremor, but Anticardiolipin antibody titers may be elevated in
  -patients with multiple cerebrovascular risk factors
  -with viral, bacterial, or parasitic infections
  -with lymphoproliferative disorders such as malignant lymphoma or paraproteinemias
  -or as a result of exposure to drugs such as phenothiazine, procainamide, phenytoin, quinidine,
    hydralazine.

God bless
Bob Hilton