anuresym shunt
I had a anuresym a month ago and they put a shunt in my brain and ran a tube down my neck to my stomach. Since they did this I have a constant dull pain under my right rib cage in my abdominal area. Has anyone had this problem? If so how can I fix the pain or what is the solution to this problem?
Hi!
If the pain has started after the shunt operation then probably the shunt is not draining properly in the abdomen. Also, there may be some infection. Other   than this it could also be due to causes unrelated to shunt like muscle pull, duodenal ulcer etc.
Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you very much Dr. Mathur; I am really tired of feeling this in my abdomen. I have also heard maybe the tube is too long they installed. Whatever it is I have an appointment with the surgeon who installed it on April 8th. When I told the doctors (while I was still in rehab) at the hospital about it, they acted like they had never heard that complaint. It frustrates me because I feel like I am going to get the same response from my neurologist(I see him tomorrow on Mar.31) and also the surgeon I am seeing in April. I will be sure to post what happens with both of them. Thanks again for the reply.Bobby