arachnoid cyst in cranial fossa anterior aspect causes headache?
Hey guys, about a month ago I got a chronic headache despite never having headaches before. The level of pain fluctuates from none to near unbearable(rare).  I have a slight sensitivity to sound and light. My balance is fine and I have not been nauscious.  The headache moves around and can feel like a sharp pain at the temples or more or a cool dull pain over my scalp.  I think I have a shorter attention span and cant converse well. My mom has had migraines for the last couple years and they are triggered by her allergies (dust, MSG, mold).  I inherited her allergies, but am confident that this is not the cause because she developed migraines gradually and only gets them around these things.  I have gone from 0 headaches to a month of headaches instantly.  There is also no real pattern or variables that seem to be relevent.  I got an MRI which revealed a 2.2 x 1.1 x 1.5cm arachnoid cyst within the right middle cranial fossa anterior aspect.  My neurologist says its probably been there forever and is nothing.  I know cysts grow.  Could it have reached a size big enough to pressure something a month ago?  How should I look into the cyst and possibly removal methods?

Hello there and welcome to the medhelp forum. Brain cysts or arachnoid cysts’ are usually asymptomatic and harmless developmental malformations in brain, unless they grow up in size at a fast rate and present with symptoms of raised intracranial pressure and nerve compression like headaches, vomiting, dizziness, blurred vision, seizures, loss of motor control etc. There may be complications if the cyst gets damaged secondary to head trauma. Otherwise they are incidental finding on MRI scans. Discuss with your neurosurgeon about its relevance in your case and any adverse symptoms you can correlate it with. There can be various causes for chronic severe headaches, primary being migraines, cluster headaches and tension headaches. Rule out secondary causes like hypertension, dehydration, stress etc. His clinical evaluation is the best guide for further management. Wishing you all the best.