arm pain
My husband hurt his shoulder working it is around his left shoulder blade the pain is raidating down his arm and is making his hand numb.  He is taking robacet, and alieve but is not getting much relief is there anything else that might help
When did he injury the shoulder?

Sounds like a pinched or an inpinged nerve.  

Has he tried ice, naproxen/aleve and rest?  

If this has been going on for more than a couple of days, he needs to seek medical attention.
Oops, typo, meant injure vs injury.  

I think your symptoms may be due to nerve irritation in the cervical (neck) spine because of cervical disc bulge. This pain may be referred and perceived as occurring in the back of head & shoulders (as it blades)- LHERMITTES SIGN, arms or chest, rather than just the neck. Other symptoms may include vertigo, nausea (dizziness) and stiffness. It will be best that you consult a neurologist who would like to prescribe Pain killers, steroid and muscle relaxants. Other treatments could be cervical orthosis such as a soft cervical collar or stiffer neck brace to restrict neck movement till you get complete recovery. In addition, cervical traction may also be suggested by the doctor, if condition is severe. Hope this helps.