autoimmune autonomic neuropathy
I was diagnosed with autoimmune autonomic neuropathy. My symptoms are syncope, dizziness, fatigue, decreased sensation in my feet and some lower extremity weakness. I recently got an IVIG tx which helped bring me to about 65%, I was basically bed ridden before the tx. I was wondering if anyone else has this illness and can offer advice,esp. concerning prognosis? PS I am a 26 yo female. Thanks!
Hi, Thank you for your question. There are several types of neuropathy, but without being able to examine you in details I can not provide a precise diagnosis. Most common form is a peripheral neuropathy and occurred by deterioration in the nerve function at the limbs. It represents with symptoms of loss of sensation (or pins and needles like) in the arms, hands, legs and feet. Since there are many causes of neuropathy, hence treatment involves seeking these conditions out and correcting any underlying problem such as poor sugar control in diabetes in order to get a relief in your symptoms. Unfortunately, there is no permanent cure of neuropathy but symptomatic relief can be provided. Hope this helps.