back pain
my boyfriend had a fusion done on his back 2003, well now he had a mri done becuz he having problems again. they told him his disc is pretruding. well what happen now. what should he do. he has lots of pain he numb on one side, and he can't feel on one side by his feet. pain pills he does have a problem with. this really sucks.........
Your problem needs to be addressed by both neurosurgeon and also an orthopedist.
They need to work as team for further management.
You have though not mentioned regarding the spinal disc pathology as what is causing the narrow disc space.
But nevertheless the symptom remains same.
There are many different terms used to describe spinal disc pathology and associated pain, such as “herniated disc”, “pinched nerve”, and “bulging disc”. The bones which form your spine are called as vertebrae. The space between two vertebras is cushioned with disc. When disc bulge or break open due to any reasons like ageing, or trauma to spine, it is called as herniated disc and this can cause pinching of nerve. It can happen in any region, but is more common at lower back in lumbar region and cervical region.
It is advisable for you to do physiotherapy for relief of pain and spasm of muscle, pain killers and pain management specialist for conservative management.
But if this fails, the option left is surgery.
Keep us informed if you have any queries.
Bye.
Hi, I've been having a sharp, grinding pain in my lower back that makes it hard for me to stand up straight, walk up stairs, pick up my 37lb 2yr old, etc..., this has gotten worse, but it started after giving birth to my 2 yr old (with an epodural). I can't sit on a hard floor because it feels like I'm rolling on my tail bone! Which has started to prutrude along with the pain...any advice?