Neurology Community
bee sting footpain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bee sting footpain

The lateral aspect of the underside of my foot began to rhythmically hum/vibrate yesterday.  Last night, while lying in bed, I had a sudden onset of a very sharp pain on the upper surface of the foot on the lateral aspect over the 5th metatarsal.  It felt like a bee sting.  It subsided after lessthan a minute but has recurred 5-6 times since with equal intensity.  Walking is not impaired not does it alter the condition.  
About 30 years ago, I had a hairline fracture near where the bee sting-like pain occurs.  That area has felt cramped in the past.  It has cracked, like toes crack, when I massaged it.

I am a quite healthy and well 50 year old.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Has an x-ray been done recently on your foot? Any other symptom? Recent trauma?

I would advise you to consult a physician to check for an impinged nerve or some skeletal abnormality causing your condition.
Blank
Hello, My mom was stung by what she believes was a red wing wasp on the top of her left foot, she is allergic, but everything seem okay, just some burning and swelling, well now my mom is feeling severe pain in the foot and she says it feels like the bones are cracking and grinding together!
Is this an reaction from the sting, or something else.
I do know that my mom has not caused any trauma to her foot at all.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...