Neurology Community
beginning intention tremors? Or cogwheel?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

hey, I've got a lot of other issues going on medically with me but I just have a question to see if anybody can relate or maybe have some sort of an idea what may be going on with this new thing that started this last week.

so I've got what almost seems like a tremor that is in my wrist, my biceps and even my shoulders, I noticed it mostly when I'm going to grab something or trying to move my hand or my arm, so that's why I was thinking possibly intention tremors, but what is really confusing is what happens mostly in my wrist, if I flex it down or from side to side, I get a tremor or a clunking type feeling in my, when reading what a cogwheel retention is, it sounds like it fits that but if I just let my hand loose and let somebody or flex my wrist with my other hand it doesn't do it like it supposed to with a Cogwheel retention  ..

so basically, it only happens when I flex my wrist or as soon as I move my arm for whatever reason, but the second the action is over so is the clunking feeling or tremor.

any ideas? ( I am in the process of getting to see a neurologist, so don't worry about that I'm just curious to see what it might be and get information)

thank you anyone that can help.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include stress/ anxiety, muscular fatigue, essential tremor, micronutrient deficiencies, low blood sugar, low blood pressure, neurological causes, medication side effect etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist or a neurologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!